The Mentor Intern assists the Mentor Coordinator as the steward of more than 150 Mentors at Capital Factory - some of the most successful Entrepreneurs, Venture Capitalists, Angel Investors, and Executives in Austin.
- You onboard new Mentors and help get them plugged into Capital Factory.
- You are the central switchboard, coordinating hundreds of Office Hours meetings each week by email between entrepreneurs, Mentors and guest VIPs.
- You make sure that each Mentor has a VIP experience when they arrive.
- You get to know each Mentor so that you can recommend relevant events for them to attend and companies for them to meet with. You help make sure Capital Factory events have high Mentor participation.
- You love startups. You think technology and entrepreneurship are interesting and exciting.
- You are crazy organized, detail-oriented, and can track the specific requests/preferences of each of our Mentors
- You are passionate about working in the Austin startup scene and helping companies get the most benefit from Capital Factory programming
- You are customer service oriented and don’t get frustrated even when other people are
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems.
- You are ok with taking the trash out one night and meeting with the President the next. You are always ready and willing to pitch in and help the team.
- You write things down. You document your process and maintain records so that if you got hit by a bus we’ll be very sad but still able to continue operating.
- You are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. You’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, and the President of the United States.
- You are excited to work in the middle of downtown Austin and have reliable transportation. We do not provide parking.
- You are available to work during Austin Startup Week (week between ACL weekends).
- You have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- You are security aware. You have a passcode on your computer and phone and use a password manager.
- You get to Inbox Zero every day.
- You are available to work 15-20 hours per week
- You are available to start in mid August
- You plan to stay in Austin and fully committed to this position until December 10th 2017
- You can expect daily operations to include confirming meetings, social media, data entry, and online research.
You need to be able to work effectively with the Google Apps products including Gmail, Calendar and Calendar Appointments., and Drive (Spreadsheets and Documents). Make sure to familiarize yourself with Asana, Eventbrite, and Facebook.
You can receive class credit
Co-working membership at Capital Factory during length of employment
Onsite pool and gym