Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying prospective sponsors, responding to sponsorship inquiries, negotiating sponsorships, creating sponsorship proposals, overseeing sponsorship deliverables, reporting on sponsorship activity, and securing sponsor renewals.
Working for Capital Factory is the best way to gain hands-on experience while being surrounded by best in Austin tech talent. If you are in search of a career in the tech entrepreneurial scene, this is the place to get started.
Sponsors partner with Capital Factory for three primary reasons:
- Marketing to Startups and Programmers
- Talent Recruiting
- Branding and Presence
Many sponsor activities take place in the evenings and on weekends.
- You have 5+ years of experience with sponsors and events
- You have 5+ years of experience with the startup and technology markets
- You plan on staying in Austin and being available for this job for the next 3 years
- You can put together a killer proposal
- You are creative about structuring partnerships and think outside the box
- You are detail oriented.
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute. Because they will. You roll with it.
- You are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. You’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, and the President of the United States.
- You are excited to work in the middle of downtown Austin and have reliable transportation.
- You have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- You are security aware. You have a passcode on your computer and phone and don’t write passwords down on paper.
- You are available in person during business hours and after hours for sponsor events.
- You are available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week
- You are comfortable with the Google Apps suite of products. You’re eager to learn about new tools and ways to be more productive.
- You get to Inbox Zero every day.
- You don’t gossip and have great discretion.
- 4 weeks paid vacation (one week is between Christmas and New Year’s) includes all personal and sick days
- Personal health and dental insurance
- Coworking membership at Capital Factory with garage parking space, onsite gym
- 45,000 base salary plus commission (On-target earnings range $75,00-85,000 based on past experience)