Video Producer Intern
The Video Producer Intern is responsible for recording, editing and producing video content for Capital Factory. You will be responsible for delivering one finished video per month (about 3 minutes in length) which will be published on the Capital Factory or Austin Tech Live YouTube channels.
This is an example video called Why Work at Capital Factory and here is a 1 minute tour.
This internship will help you acquire video marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various strategies. Ultimately, you will gain experience in video marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast paced work environment. This role may require work outside of normal business hours (some nights and weekends).
- Produced short videos before and have access to a high-quality camera.
- Experience with and access to video editing software like Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere.
- Organization, politeness and poise in a sometimes hectic environment
- Familiarity with Google Apps (email, calendar, drive, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Flexible work schedule (some nights and weekends required)
- Hardworking and dedicated work ethic
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- You love startups. You think technology and entrepreneurship are interesting and exciting.
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute. Because they will. You roll with it.
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems.
- You write things down. You document your process and maintain records so that if you got hit by a bus we’ll be very sad but still able to continue operating.
- You are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. You’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, and the President of the United States. Being a personable and approachable individual will best represent Capital Factory and result in the best footage possible.
- You are experienced in the art of interviewing. You know how to set up an interview, prepare the interview location for production, how to prepare the subject for the interview, which questions to ask, and how to ask them.
- You have a basic knowledge on the legal aspects of capturing others on video, such as when a release is appropriate, and how to ask for permission to obtain footage.
- You are excited to work in the middle of downtown Austin and have reliable transportation.
- You have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- You are security aware. You have a passcode on your computer and phone and use a password manager.
- You are available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Austin Startup Week (the week between Austin City Limits Music Fest).
- You get to Inbox Zero every day.
- You are available in person (15 - 20 hours per week) during business hours (10am-6pm), occasionally in the evenings (not more than once a week) and occasionally on the weekend (not more than once a month).
- Coworking membership at Capital Factory (value $350/month)
- Additional videos (outside of 1 per month) will be paid at $350 per video
- You can receive class credit for this internship.